Tuesday 10 March 2009

Time to share with you my favourite photograph.  Taken of my father before I was born, by my mother.  Sometimes a photograph can be a single image designed for the viewer.  Sometimes the photograph can be a shared experience where the photographer is as much part of the image as the person in it.  These are my favourite kind of photographs and this image is the latter.  My father holds her shoes and carries the towel around his neck as she takes the photograph.  Although not really designed for anyone other than themselves to see this photograph means more to me than most.  At the age of 27 I found it in a pile of old papers and was shocked to see how much I resembled my father having always seen the similarities between myself and my mother.  I think we were more similar than I once believed. 

No comments: